Monday, November 4, 2013

Farewell Cake Topper

My beloved cousin was moving to Korea after having lived with us for about a decade.  I knew she had always wanted a cake topper, so I decided to surprise her with one as a parting gift.  The outfit I chose was one that she had worn during a memorable girls' night.  Yes, including the batman cape.  Don't ask.  :)  The major issue I had with this figurine was the fact that I didn't take the cape into account.  The weight of it ended up pulling on her so much that she broke at the legs after I had completed everything!  There was some last minute superglue insanity, and she held together just long enough for Esther to thoroughly enjoy the surprise.  Unfortunately, she started breaking everywhere after that, and on the plane ride back to Korea, but since my cousin is crafty herself, she was able to fix her when she got home.  Esther's happiness made me happy, and the figurine was but a small expression of my appreciation to God for placing this blessed sister in my life!      
                               

This was the first time I added lips since Esther has luscious lips.    I also added her characteristic birthmark, and put in the usual earring studs that she wears every day.
Here's the shirt she wore.

Hair before styling (my favorite part!)

I found these awesome pieces at the craft store that were used for jewelry making.  I was so excited because I realized I could use them for the sandal decor as well as the hair clips.  Just buy the right color, do a little snipping and bending, and voila!  Hair clips!  Esther is known for these.  She wears them quite often in her hair.

Batman cape from our girls' night. 


This was my favorite detail.  Those pieces I mentioned earlier that I used for her hair clips were also sold in gold.  Once I bent them and colored them with permanent marker, they couldn't have been more perfect for the bizZaM leopards on her sandals.  (That's my foot kicking her in that picture above..heh heh)

On top of the yummy mustache cake that our church girls made for Esther.  (Esther loves mustaches.)  






Ok.  She's going to hate me for putting these up.  But, they were too cute not to.  I love Esther because she is so expressive with her emotions.  She's so cute when she cries.  Knowing how much she appreciated the figurine, and how much she would miss us, just made me love her more.  :)


No more tears!  Keep smiling your beautiful smile and bring the same joy you brought us to others!












No comments: